Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week 2

I think I would say that rule #2 (Follow all written and verbal instructions carefully. Ask your teacher questions if you do not understand the instructions) is the most important due to it's large percent of usefulness in this class. Even though all rules are important, misusing chemicals could result in death, and not reporting accidents could result in serious injuries or even death. Not following rules is a threat to not just you, but to all your fellow classmates. Also, not following rules could result in losing privileges to use labs, or participate in class experiments. I find rule number #5 (never eat, drink, chew gum, or taste anything in the science room) is pretty useless, considering most of us are mature teenagers. This doesn't apply to younger kids because of there maturity and knowledge level, but I'm sure 8th graders are capable of knowing not to eat or taste anything that looks hazardous. In everyones head there has to be some sub-conscious voice that says "no", don't eat that, it's an unknown substance. If they don't, I don't know why they would be in 8th grade science. On another note, most rules are important. They are for your own safety and well-being. If you follow them, you could possibly get extra credit, or get more access to things other kids don't get access to.

1 comment:

  1. Word Count: 234

    Nice! I like your view about the eating or drinking things. I have to say though, I had a student in 8th grade at another school that drank from a beaker because they were thirsty and didn't want to walk to the fountain. I agree that most of the rules are important. You are going to do great in future job interviews!

    ReplyDelete